Seems to be the buzz word for LinkedIn at the moment.Â Have you seen the latestÂ TIMG newsletter?Â They mention some findings from the Gartner report which we would like to raise again â€“
Gartnerâ€™s predictions begin to separate us from the mere notion of technology adoption and draw us more into issues surrounding what it means to be human in a digital world. They will have deep implications for what it means to be human in a world increasingly modified and managed by machines.
Here are their predictions in brief:
- By 2018, 20% of business content will be authored by machines.
- By 2018, 6 billion connected things will be requesting support.
- By 2020, autonomous software agents outside of human control will participate in 5% of all economic transactions.
- By 2018, more than 3 million workers globally will be supervised by a “robo-boss.”
- By year-end 2018, 20% of smart buildings will have suffered from digital vandalism.
- By 2018, 45% of the fastest-growing companies will have fewer employees than instances of smart machines.
- By year-end 2018, customer digital assistants will recognise individuals by face and voice across channels and partners.
- By 2018, 2 million employees will be required to wear health and fitness tracking devices as a condition of employment.
- By 2020, smart agents will facilitate 40% of mobile interactions, and the post-app era will begin to dominate.
- Through 2020, 95% of cloud security failures will be the customer’s fault.