The Information Management Group Pty Ltd
1. About this policy
This policy sets out how The Information Management Group Pty Ltd ABN 52 079 782 666 ('TIMG') collects, uses and discloses your personal information.
By engaging TIMG to provide you with any goods or services, communicating with TIMG through email, by telephone, in writing or by using any of TIMG's other services, including any of the TIMG websites, you agree to the use and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described in this policy.
2. The purpose for collecting your personal information
TIMG collects personal information, such as:
- your name, address and contact details
- your credit or debit account details
- user ID's and passwords
- any goods or services provided to you
- records of your communications with TIMG
- website usage information
The primary purpose of collecting your personal information is for TIMG's business operation, which includes providing you with TIMG's goods and services, communicating with you, and improving and developing our business relationship with you. TIMG also collects personal information for marketing purposes.
Personal information is only collected:
- if necessary for TIMG's operations
- by lawful and fair means
- where practicable, only from the individual concerned
TIMG takes reasonable steps to ensure that you are aware of:
- the likely use of the information
- the right of access to the information
- the identity and contact details of the organisations
- any law requiring collection of the information; and
- the main consequences of failure to provide the information
3. How we may use and disclose your personal information
TIMG discloses personal information:
- for the primary purpose for which it was collected or
- where the individual would reasonably expect this or
- where the individual has consented or
- for direct marketing by TIMG, but giving individuals the opportunity to opt out of such direct marketing; TIMG includes its contact details in any direct marketing
TIMG does not disclose your personal information for any secondary purposes unless your consent has been given or as required by law.
TIMG will not sell or license any personal information that it collects from you.
4. Accurate and up-to-date information
TIMG takes steps to ensure information is accurate and up-to-date by updating its records whenever changes to the data come to its attention. TIMG disregards information which seems likely to be inaccurate or out-of-date by reason of the time which has elapsed since it was collected or by reason of any other information in its possession.
5. Security of your personal information
TIMG protects personal information from misuse or loss by restricting access to the information in electronic format, and by appropriate physical and communications security. Any data destroyed is disposed of in a manner that protects the privacy of information in an appropriate manner.
6. Dealing with unsolicited information
TIMG takes all reasonable steps to ensure that all unsolicited information is destroyed immediately.
7. Access to your personal information
TIMG acknowledges that individuals have a general right of access to information concerning them, and to have inaccurate information corrected.
8. Anonymity when dealing with TIMG
TIMG allows individuals the option not to identify themselves when dealing with it, where practicable.
9. Cross border disclosure
Your personal information may also be processed by, or disclosed to employees or other third parties operating outside of Australia who work for TIMG in countries including New Zealand, or by the representatives and employees of TIMG's parent company.
TIMG will take reasonable steps, in the circumstances, before your personal information is disclosed to an overseas recipient, to ensure that the overseas recipient does not breach privacy laws in relation to your personal information ('the Required Steps').
The Required Steps do not apply if you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient. By supplying your personal information to TIMG, you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient and agree that the Required Steps do not apply.
If you consent to the disclosure of your personal information to an overseas recipient, the overseas recipient will not be accountable under the Privacy Act, and you will not be able to seek redress for breaches under the Privacy Act.
10. Collecting sensitive information
11. Who should you contact for further information?
Please refer any queries or complaints about privacy issues to our:
The Information Management Group Pty Ltd
PO Box 251 Alexandria NSW 1435
Phone: 1300 764 954 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
12. How this policy changes
This policy may change from time to time. A current version of this policy will be published on TIMG's website or may be obtained free of charge upon request.